This issue of OASE takes as its point of departure the cross-cultural conditions in which architects, urban designers and landscape architects work. It focuses in particular on architects working in a condition of displacement – in other words in relation to cultures, far away or nearby, that are not their own.
Technische Universiteit Delft, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Universiteit Gent, Universiteit Hasselt, Team Vlaams Bouwmeester, Van Eesteren-Fluck & Van Lohhuizen Stichting
|- Unique issue of OASE on the interiors of the city|
- Historical perspectives on the crucial role of interior architecture
- In-depth research on public interiors
The work of “our” graphic designer Karel Martens is on show until 19 January 2019 in Platform-L Contemporary Art Center in Seoel, South-Korea. Naturally, his work for OASE is also shown extensively in this exhibition.
– First publication dedicated completely to OASE’s graphic design;
– Historical perspectives on the crucial role of graphic design in the architectural field;
– Indepth interview with Karel Martens.
We invite you to read the Calls for Abstracts for OASE #102 and OASE #103.
An impression of the presentation of OASE #99 that took place on 1 Mach 2018 in Van Abbemuseum in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. In the pictures are the participants of the panel discussion that discussed “What future for the Architecture Museum?”: Triin Ojari, Sofie de Caigny, Mirko Zardini, Omer Kanipak and Bernard Colenbrander.